Getting elected as a councillor in Wembley Central was the most humbling moment of my life.
Situated right next door to the iconic Wembley Stadium, Wembley Central is nevertheless one of the most deprived wards in Brent.
We face significant problems such as homelessness, fly-tipping, anti-social behaviour, and rogue landlords.
Since the 2014 Local Elections, I’ve so far done the following things:
1) Helped to stop a school being built on the treasured turf of King Eddie’s Park.
2) Led an official review into fly-tipping across Brent (with key recommendations).
3) Supported the brilliant ‘Keep Wembley Tidy’ group in their quest to clean up Wembley Central and Alperton.
4) Worked to make sure any new commercial and residential developments in Wembley Central benefit the community for the long term.
5) Ran the 2015 London Marathon and raised £1800 for the British Heart Foundation in order to highlight the level of cardiovascular disease in Wembley Central.
All three Wembley Central councillors are determined to continue delivering for local residents between now and May 2018.